Student set to fight in European Championships

19 December 2016

An ambitious and determined Public Services student is set to fight in the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu European Championships in Lisbon, Portugal in February 2017.

Rosie Clarke, who started the martial art two years ago with the aim to raise the profile of women’s Jui-Jitsu, had no idea she was going to become so addicted to the sport she now loves.

“I was 14 when I started and due to the lack of female interest at the time, I found myself grappling with grown men in the adult’s class. Although at the time it was tough, I think this experience has contributed to my success as I have always pushed myself to the limit.”

Rosie has experienced significant success since starting, winning the English Championships and medalling at the British, as well as becoming the Junior European Champion and taking home silverware from other competitions. In this time, Rosie has also gained a sponsor: Scramble, a top clothing and equipment brand in the industry.

In the run up to the event, BCoT has offered to help fund Rosie in fulfilling her dream of competing at the Championships.

“It is only right that we support her in any way we can,” said Course Director, James Booty. “She is an exceptional individual who has ambition to be successful and I wish her the best of luck.”

Excited to take part, Rosie is appreciative for all the support BCoT has given her and cannot wait to fight against Europe’s best.

“Without the funding support from BCoT, I would have struggled to make it to the event, so I am so grateful for their kindness. I have been training hard recently, trying to make sure I am in good shape for the event – I am there to win.”

Connect Us
facebook twitter
youtube Linked in
Instagram Snapchat
Contact Us

Basingstoke College of Technology
Worting Road
Basingstoke
Hampshire
RG21 8TN

Tel: 01256 354141
information@bcot.ac.uk

Getting here

© Basingstoke College of Technology