BCoT is committed to educational and social inclusion for all. As such the College takes every opportunity to promote equal opportunities and complies with statutory requirements in relation to equality, disability and race relations.
We actively seek to close achievement gaps and there is an improving trend in previously identified groups. Our managers play an impactful role in identifying targets and developing strategies to secure excellent success rates for all. Strong leadership and management ensure the college provides inclusivity; teachers are working to promote highly effective learning strategies so that every learner achieves their full potential, and challenging behaviour is managed well. We analyse our equality and diversity related data so our managers have a clear overview of the key trends across the college in terms of success rates and any achievement gaps.
Under the Equality Act (2010), we have a legal duty to:
- publish equality information on our website each year;
- review our equality objectives at least every four years (please see below);
- include equality data in our College reporting (previously, the Single Equality Scheme required that we publish a separate report).
The College is proud to have an enthusiastic group of E&D Champions, drawn from our staff and students. The Champions meet at the Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity Forum regularly to review our progress. The Champions' mission is to:
For 2016 - 2020, our Champions will lead the College towards the following objectives:
- Everyone working for and studying at BCoT will promote our values of equality, diversity and inclusion and this will underpin everything the College does.
- We will review achievement disparities between different groups, action support processes so that these individuals can achieve their full potential, and provide information and guidance to colleagues to support this.
- The College will recruit and maintain a staff and student population which is reflective of the local and wider community.
- The College's vision and values for equality, diversity and inclusion will be communicated to all stakeholders.
- All staff will be supported through training and development to advance the College's values.
Click here to read our Equality and Diversity 2014-15 Report
(Please note, this data is no longer published as a separate report but is included in our College reports).