Double delight as BCoT students scoop Student of the Year awards

Two students have won the 2017 AAT Student of the Year awards for Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications

Two BCoT students have been named the 2017 AAT Student of the Year for the Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications, sponsored by CMA Recruitment Group.

Dawn Greenhill was named the 2017 Student of the Year for the Level 2 Foundation Certificate, whilst Andrea Caine won the same prize for the Level 3 Advanced Diploma. Both students completed their qualifications this summer and have this year progressed onto the next level qualification.

Andrea, who had completed the Level 2 Certificate previously, saw the Level 3 course as a good opportunity to return to the classroom and improve her skills further:

The atmosphere in the class was brilliant. We all got along. There was a huge range of ages in the class which made for a really good atmosphere. We all supported each other because we were all in the same boat.

Dawn meanwhile, had previously worked in an accountancy role but felt a professional qualification would help accelerate her career progression:

I wanted to change my future. I previously worked in an accounting role and had always intended to do a professional qualification to brush up on my skills. Having all of the students around me as opposed to distance learning really benefited me. We all supported each other and it really helped throughout the course.”

Both students praised the teaching staff for their continuous support and encouragement. Andrea described her tutors as “really supportive, both academically and professionally” whilst Dawn explained how the support she received from her tutors was a huge reason for her achieving the Student of the Year award.

To discover our wide range of part-time accounting courses at BCoT please click here. For further information, please contact Angela Greening (Course Director for Accounting) at angela.greening@bcot.ac.uk, or call 01256 306590.

Share this post
Basingstoke College of Technology I 2018