BCoT student named Student of the Year by Institute of Hospitality

Sam Egerton-Kemp won the award for a second time at an awards ceremony last month.

A Hospitality and Catering student from Basingstoke College of Technology (BCoT) has been named as the Institute of Hospitality’s Student of the Year at an awards ceremony which took place on Thursday 19 April at the Balmer Lawn Hotel in Hampshire.

After receiving his award from 2016 Masterchef champion Jane Devonshire, Sam said: “I feel very proud to win this award and what I have become as a pastry chef. Working with other pastry chefs and learning new things every day, I am looking forward to my future and what it holds.”

Sam, 19, first joined BCoT in September 2014 and was previously named the Pastry Chef Student of the Year by the Institute of Hospitality Southern Branch in 2016. Two years on, he is now studying a Level 3 Diploma in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery.

Anthony Bravo, Principal of Basingstoke College of Technology, added: “I would like to congratulate Sam on this fantastic award. We are extremely proud of everything he has achieved so far in his time here at BCoT. Sam is a tremendous student who is quickly building a big reputation as one of the best young chefs in the business, and I am sure he will go onto have a long and successful career in the industry.”

If you want to study in our Hospitality and Catering department at BCoT, apply now to join us in September 2018.

Share this post
Basingstoke College of Technology I 2018