Students support local business

Media students lend a hand to local fitness entrepreneur.

Basingstoke College of Technology (BCoT) students have been applying their technical skills to the real world, after recently undertaking work experience with a local fitness entrepreneur in Basingstoke.

As part of their creative media course, the students have been undertaking work experience with Farah Fonseca, owner and founder of Fonseca Fitness, to create an online subscription service, which will provide a new service to her customers and allows Farah to diversify her wide range of products and services.

Farah said: “I have been working with the students at BCoT since February 2019 and we have been recording online exercise videos to create an online exercise library which my customers can follow at home.”

“The students have also helped me to decide which online portal to create a more user-friendly experience for people to use at home. All in all, so far, the team have been extremely helpful and I would like to thank the students at BCoT for their help.”

Anthony Bravo, Principal of BCoT, said: “I would like to thank Farah for providing this exciting opportunity to our students.”

“Work experience is a vital part of every student's study programme here at BCoT. We believe that working with a business ensures our students leave us with the required experience and skills they need to enter the world of work.”

All full-time students currently undertake a minimum of 35 hours of work experience as part of their programme of study, with continual guidance and support from their dedicated Work Experience Coordinator.

There is still time to apply to study at BCoT this September. Find out more about media and games design courses at BCoT and apply today.

Share this post
Basingstoke College of Technology I 2019