First BCoT apprentice to complete new qualification

BCoT student became one of the first apprentices in the country to complete a new qualification.

A student from Basingstoke College of Technology (BCoT) has recently become one of the first apprentices in the country to complete a brand new Gas Engineering qualification, after achieving a distinction for his apprenticeship.

Jack Brind, 24, has been studying plumbing and gas at BCoT for four years, after enrolling on a Level 2 Apprenticeship in September 2015, before progressing to the brand new Level 3 City and Guilds Diploma in Gas Engineering two years later.

After undertaking his end point assessment on Wednesday 23 October, Jack is looking forward to using his skills and experience to grow his own business:

“Studying an apprenticeship is definitely the way to go if you want to get into a trade. I joined BCoT when I was 20 years-old after deciding to have a career change, and I am now fully-qualified and Gas Safe registered. I’ve got no big student debt at the end of it, I’ve been earning a salary throughout my studies, and I’m now ready to work full-time and build my own business.”

Anthony Bravo, Principal of BCoT, said: “I would like to congratulate Jack on being one of the first students in the country to complete this new apprenticeship. We are one of the leading apprenticeship providers in the region and Jack is a fantastic example of how studying an apprenticeship with BCoT can lead to a successful career.”

BCoT is one of the first colleges in the country to offer the new apprenticeship. With a brand new plumbing and gas workshop and as an official City and Guilds end point assessment centre, BCoT is proving a popular choice with local people looking for a career in plumbing and gas.

For further information on studying an apprenticeship in plumbing and gas at BCoT, register now for BCoT’s upcoming Open Day on Saturday 16 November at bcot.ac.uk/open or call 01256 354141.

If you like to be social please keep connected at facebook.com/BasingstokeCollegeofTechnology/, twitter.com/bcot and instagram.com/instabcot.

Share this post
Basingstoke College of Technology I 2019