Interested in an apprenticeship or want to find out more about them?
The objectives of this
qualification are to provide learners with:
- an understanding
of the essential skills required to work successfully in a business environment
- the skills
required to solve problems in a business environment
- an understanding
of business culture and responsibilities
- the ability to
successfully communicate and work with others in a business environment
- the opportunity
to develop the skills required to manage and improve their own performance in a
- the skills and
knowledge to carry out finance activities, including preparing final accounts
for sole traders and partnerships, comparing and reporting actual costs with
budgeted costs, and working with VAT.
To be awarded the Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business:
Finance, learners are required to successfully complete 6 graded units from
Group A and 4 units from Group B.
- Business Culture and Responsibilities
- Deliver customer service in a business environment
- Produce documents in a business environment
- Solve Problems in a business environment
- Work with others in a business environment
- Communicate to running a project
- Contribute to running a project
- Innovation in a business environment
- Manage and improve own performance in a business environment
- Respond to change in a business environment
- Accounts preparation
- Prepare final accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Costs and revenues
- Indirect tax
- Professional ethics
There are no specific
recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However,
learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a relevant Level 2
should be aged 16 or above to undertake these qualifications.
Recommended - 4 x grade 4’s
at GCSE, including Maths and English.
Learners who achieve these
qualifications could progress to:
- Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 4 NVQ Certificate in Business and Administration
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration
- Level 4 finance or accounting related qualification.