Level 3 Machining EAL Extended Diploma (AWE)
- Benefit from part-time delivery - so you can combine work and study.
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of modules including Engineering maths, Engineering Design, Materials, CNC, Quality control and CAD/CAM.
- The college offers a wide range of resources and facilities including e-learning tools, suitably equipped place to work, IT facilities and other learning resources that will be appropriate for the nature of the work you will be required to undertake. Further details can be found in the course handbook, which will be given to you within the first few weeks of the course.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above preferably to include math, English and science.
- Learners must be employed at AWE
You will be assessed by producing evidence that meets the outcomes of each unit usually through the form of assessments.
Class work will include group work, discussions and formative assessments.
The assessment is continuous and includes projects and presentations together with any work related projects that may meet the requirements. It is likely that the evidence provided will include and involve real work based projects from your employer.
Where does this course lead to
The successful completion of this course provides you with the progression to further Higher Education programs such as an HNC.
The qualification is recognised by the Professional bodies towards registration as a Professional Engineer.
How to Enrol
This course is only for those that work at AWE and applications must be made via the Academy at AWE.