Level 2 Site Carpentry Technical Certificate
The purpose of the City & Guilds technical certificate course is to provide an understanding of the basic skills and knowledge that are important when potentially working in the construction sector in the future or progressing to further learning and training in their specific vocational area. The course will be assessed through a variety of practical and theory assessments.
- Principles of construction
- Structural carpentry
- Non-structural carpentry prior to plastering
- Non-structural carpentry following plastering
- Timber technology and the use of a circular saw
- Level 1 Diploma in the specific vocational area
- Level 2 Construction Multi-skills Certificate, which must have included a mandatory unit in the specific vocational areas the candidate is applying for
- Theory assignments and online/paper-based exams
- Practical assessments and synoptic testing
Where does this course lead to
Progression onto a level 3 qualification, an apprenticeship or employment.