Level 2 Apprenticeship in Carpentry and Joinery Standard
This apprenticeship is ideal if you want to work
as a carpenter on a construction site or in
domestic and commercial premises, or as a
bench joiner producing wood products.
You will learn to
work safely, move and handle equipment and
materials and set up and use cutting machinery.
The course will provide you with the skills to
progress to an advanced apprenticeship.
- Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above, preferably to include English and maths, or completion of a relevant Level 1 qualification.
- You will need to be employed, or find employment, in a carpentry-related role
- Regular monitoring and assessment in both the workplace and at college.
- NVQ work is assessed on an on-going basis through documented evidence of site activity.
- Synoptic practical competence test and synoptic knowledge testing.
Where does this course lead to
Level 3 Apprenticeship in Wood Occupations