Level 3 VTCT NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
This one-year course will help you develop more advanced level skills to progress in the hairdressing industry. You will learn how to monitor and maintain health and safety in the salon, supporting client consultation, cutting women’s hair in a range of styles, creative hairdressing skills, perming hair, bridal hair, colour correction and staff management.
The course covers a wide range of subjects including:
- Monitor and maintain health and safety in the salon
- Consultation support for colleagues in hair services
- Cutting female hair to create a variety of looks
- Style and dress hair
- Colour hair to create a variety of looks
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Human resource management
- Bridal hair
- Colour correction (extra unit as extension)
Students are encouraged to provide their own clients throughout the course.
To enhance employment opportunities the course may also have additional qualifications built into the programme. We also hold internal competitions during the year and also students are encouraged to take part in external competitions.
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and maths and preferably a science
- A relevant Level 2 qualification.
The course is continuously assessed by both practical and written assignments/tests to demonstrate competence.
Where does this course lead to
This course is a recognised route into employment as, for example, an Artisitic Director, Salon Owner, Colourist, Educator, Session Stylist, Brand Ambassador and Bridal Specialist or to lead to an apprenticeship.