Level 2 Apprenticeship in Hospitality (Hospitality Team Member)
This foundation apprenticeship will develop your skills and knowledge to become a hospitality and catering professional in job roles that deal with small site accommodation services, where a set of skills allow you to perform a large range of functions. In your workplace, you will cover both practical and theory topics such as safe, hygienic and secure working environments, teamwork, giving customers a positive impression and the principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism.
This apprenticeship will cover:
Customer service principles, including customer satisfaction and meeting expectations
- Business knowledge such as achieving targets, handling payments and stock and unique selling points
- Communicating with customers
- Personal conduct
- Team working, including leadership and supporting team members
- Specialist skills: alcoholic drinks, barista, concierge and guest, conference and events, food and drink, food production, house-keeping, reception or reservations
- Health and safety law, standards and regulations relevant to hospitality
In your workplace, you will cover both practical and theory topics such as:
- Safe, hygienic and secure working environments
- Giving customers a positive impression
- Principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism.
- Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above, preferably to include English, maths and a science, or completion of our Future Pathways course.
- You will need to be employed, or find employment, in a relevant role.
How to Enrol
You can enrol directly onto this course if you have the entry requirements noted above.
If you would like to enrol but do not have the entry requirements please email email@example.com with your contact details or telephone 01256 306484.