Level 2 Understanding Environmental Sustainability Certificate
Since 1990, the world has lost 178 million hectares of forest. As an estimated 45% of carbon on land is stored in trees and soil, this loss has a severe effect on the Earth’s atmosphere. It is more important than ever that everyone understands how to take sustainable steps to protect the planet.This TQUK qualification will provide an overview of the principles of sustainable development, communities and energy management, and the social responsibility of businesses in relation to sustainability. Learners will also look at waste management principles and sustainable transport and apply sustainability in their own settings through zero waste.
This course is split into six manageable units, with a seventh optional unit available:
Unit 1: Principles of sustainable development
Unit 2: Principles of sustainable communities
Unit 3: Principles of sustainable energy management
Unit 4: Social responsibility of businesses in relation to sustainability
Unit 5: Principles of waste management
Unit 6: Principles of sustainable transport
Unit 7: Sustainability applied in own setting (Optional)
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 years old you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and math
- Studying via Distance Learning means you can choose when and where you study.
- We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 to 4 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
- You will be given submission dates for each unit to help you stay on track and complete within the allocated timeframe.
- This course is available via online assessments with online learning material
Where does this course lead to
These courses are great for learning a new subject, and continued professional development within an existing role and can also lead to employment or further study, for example:
- Level 2 in Climate Change & Environmental Awareness
- Level 2 in Business Administration
- Level 2 in LEAN Management Techniques
- Level 2 In Team Leading
- Level 3 in Leadership & Management
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email email@example.com quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below and complete an application.