Student announced as School Leaver Awards finalist

BCoT apprentice Austin Mummery has been named as a finalist in the School Leaver Awards 2020.

Basingstoke College of Technology (BCoT) apprentice Austin Mummery has been named as a finalist in the School Leaver Awards 2020.

The School Leaver Awards celebrate the top employers and training providers for school and college leavers on apprenticeship programmes.

Austin did a Level 2 NVQ in Sales on an apprenticeship at OEConnection LLC (Formally Blue Grass Comms) through BCoT’s dedicated apprenticeship team, Aspiral Learning - one of the largest providers in the region.

Austin was nominated for the Intermediate Apprentice Award earlier this year by the Aspiral Learning team and was shortlisted in March.

Austin said: “I’m honoured to be nominated let alone be a finalist! I’d like to thank my assessors for all the help they have provided me throughout the course of my apprenticeship and of course my colleagues at OEC, especially my team and my line manager, for all the support they’ve provided me to get this far and help me grow as a person and progress from an apprentice to fully fledged team member.”

Matt, Austin’s manager at OEC, said: “As Austin’s line manager I’m extremely proud, as are other members of the leadership team, of how Austin has excelled in his commitment and dedication to this course. He started with us as a shy school leaver into an industry he didn’t know, and with the help of his tutor and colleagues, he has grown in confidence and self-belief. He is now an integral part of my team, and his hard work is now paying off with Austin now looking after a large buying group within his team - this is down to a lot of skills he has learnt on this course.”

The School Leaver Awards, as featured on AllAboutSchoolLeavers.co.uk, is part of AllAboutGroup.org. You can find out more about the awards here: www.schoolleaverawards.co.uk

Austin will find out if he has won the award on Thursday 3 September, when an award ceremony is taking place at Grosvenor House, London.

Anthony Bravo, Principal at BCoT, said: “It is an honour for one of our students to be shortlisted for this award and I am extremely proud of Austin for getting this far. It is fantastic to see one of our students being recognised for their achievements and doing so well at work.”

BCoT’s Aspiral Learning Team offers more than 60 different training programmes across many areas including business, construction, engineering and hospitality. Aspiral Learning work with both local and national employers to ensure our students learn the skills needed in their industry. To find out more about apprenticeships that are available and to apply for September 2020, visit bcot.ac.uk/apprenticeships

BCoT Logo

Tel: 01256 354141

Basingstoke College of Technology
Worting Road
Basingstoke
Hampshire
RG21 8TN

© 2023 Basingstoke College of Technology, Worting Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 8TN.