The motor vehicle aspects of this course will be taught in the college's
workshops and technical classrooms. On this one year course learners will develop essential skills on the following topics.
Health and Safety, Working with others, Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices
used in the Automotive Environment, Engine mechanical,
lubrication and cooling, Fuel, exhaust, induction
and ignition components, Chassis components,
brakes, suspension, steering, wheels and tyres, Electrical components, Vehicle inspection and
The units covered are as follows:
• Health and Safety, ready for industry expectations
• Working with others
• Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
• Engine mechanical, lubrication and cooling
• Fuel, exhaust, induction and ignition components
• Chassis components, brakes, suspension, steering, wheels and tyres
• Electrical components
GCSE English and maths at grade 3 or above, or Level 1 Functional Skills, or completion of our Future Pathways course.
The course is continuously assessed through written assignments, practical assessments and online tests.
After successfully finishing this course you will be able to go on to higher level study on a Level 3 full-time course, an apprenticeship or into employment.
Tel: 01256 354141