Level 3 Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) Diploma
This BTEC qualification aims to equip new and existing personnel working in the electronics field with the necessary skills required by a technician.
The course provides a good background in technical engineering, supports underpinning knowledge for NVQs at level 3 and is a recognised technical certificate for the advanced apprenticeship (Level 3).
The main course topics will be based on the following:
- Business systems for technicians
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Engineering design
- Further electronics
- Electronic measurement and test
- Communications for technicians
- 'Principles and applications of electronic devices and circuits
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate your understanding of basic electrical and electronic principles
- Use a range of electronic laboratory equipment
- Use electronic software packages
- Make accurate measurements of circuit parameters
- Demonstrate fault-finding skills on electronic circuits and equipment
- Demonstrate competency in problem-solving
- Report clearly and concisely on your electronic work.
GCSE English, maths and science grade C/4 or above.
The following may also be acceptable: BTEC First Certificate or Diploma, certain C&G qualifications, BTEC GNVQ Intermediate.
Applications from mature learners without any of these above may be considered.
Continual assessment methods are used. These include assignments and project work.
Where does this course lead to
The course offers progression to the HNC and is a recognised means of career progression within the engineering industry.
How to Enrol