T Level in Team Leadership & Management
T Levels are new government-backed, career-focused qualifications for 16 to 19-year-olds. This two-year business and administration course has been designed with employers from multiple sectors and combines classroom study with a 45-day industry placement to prepare you for the world of work, or further studies like a higher-level apprentice or university. This course is suitable for anyone interested in a career in management and administration.
Students will develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the business sector, including:
- Business context – an overview of organisational cultures and values, different types of internal and external stakeholders, different forms of governance and the impact of organisations on society and the environment
- People - recruitment, legislation and regulations, management styles and teamworking
- Project and change management – an understanding of the common change management theories and models and how to support and improve projects
- Finance - financial reporting, sources of finance, expenditure, KPIs
- Business behaviours – the importance of good communication and adapting social communication styles to professional standards and according to purpose, medium and audience
- Quality and compliance – the importance of maintaining and improving quality in all aspects of public and private sector organisations
- Specialism - team leadership and management
You will need to be aged 16-18 in order to apply for a T Level along with five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and maths.
Two exams in the first year, an employer set project linked to your work placement, assessments and professional discussion.
Where does this course lead to
This course is suitable for anyone interested in a career in management and administration. These can range from Supervisors, Junior Management, Barristers Clerk, Secretary, Office Administration, Schools Clerk, Administration Assistants, Personnel Supervisor.