Level 5 Children, Young People and Families Manager Apprenticeship
As a Children, Young People and Family Manager, the apprentice will lead and manage a team, demonstrating commitment within the workplace and the wider sector to help children, young people and families aspire to do their best and achieve sustainable change. They will build teams, manage resources and lead new approaches to working practices that deliver improved outcomes and put the child, young person or family at the centre of practice.
- Pathway 1 - Manager in Children’s Residential Care: For those working with children and young people in residential care, developing the ethos of the home and enriching long-term care.
- Pathway 2 - Children, Young People and Families Manager within the Community: For those working in voluntary/community organisations who offer a specific working context (e.g. youth club, family support, special educational needs) to children, young people, and their families.
- A relevant level 3 qualification
- Five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and maths, or Level 2 Functional Skills or above.
- You will need to be employed, or find employment, in a relevant role.
- An up-to-date and current disclosure and barring result
Over the 2 year course the apprentice will be mentored by a fully qualified assessor who will support the apprentice to build a portfolio of evidence through attending workshops, writing essays to meet knowledge requirements, gathering of evidence through observation of practice, witness statements, reflection on own practice, professional discussions and using work products.
Where does this course lead to
Once the apprentice has completed this course, they can progress to a Level 6 higher education course and/or progress in their chosen career pathway.