Level 2 Principles of Team Leading Certificate
- Unit 1: Principles of team leading
Within this introductory unit, you will gain an understanding of various leadership styles. You will develop knowledge of team dynamics and the techniques that are essential to effectively manage a team’s workload.
- Unit 2: Understand business
Here you will increase your understanding of different organisational structures and the business environment. You will develop your knowledge of the principles of business planning and finance within an organisation, as well as business reporting, management responsibilities and accountability within an organisation.
- Unit 3: Understand how to communicate work-related information
Here you will look at the principles and techniques behind work-related communication through both verbal and written forms. You will develop knowledge of a range of documents required for different types of meetings in a business environment.
- Unit 4: Understand how to manage performance and conflict in the workplace
Within this unit you will develop your knowledge of team performance management through benchmarking, discovering how to manage under-performance within a team and conflict in the workplace.
- Unit 5: Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
In this unit, you will develop an understanding of the standards and expectations of equality and diversity in the workplace, including the potential consequences of failing to comply with the relevant legislation.
- Unit 6: Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
In Unit 6 you will look in detail at the principles of effective teamwork and how to be a ‘buddy’. This unit also covers the benefits of effective teamwork, how to give feedback constructively and the techniques that may be used to resolve team conflict.
- Unit 7: Understand health and safety procedures in the workplace
Within this unit, you will look at the main health and safety responsibilities and laws affecting the workplace. You will look at employers’ and employees’ responsibilities in relation to health and safety, as well as the support that is available for employees.
This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to gain
further skills to develop their careers and progress in
the workplace. The course is suitable for anyone new
to a team-leading role, or those who are hoping to
become a team leader as they advance their careers.
To complete this Distance Learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 years old you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and maths
There are no exams to achieve this qualification. Your learning will be assessed through a portfolio of coursework and assignments.
Where does this course lead to
At the end of the course, you will achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading qualification.
- Level 3 Leadership & Management
- Level 3 Management
- Level 2 Business Administration
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.