Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery Technical Certificate
The City & Guilds technical certificate is intended to be a progression route for those currently completing the Level 2 Multi-skills certificate. The course is designed to allow students to progress onto further education, apprenticeships or employment.
The course provides an understanding of the basic skills and knowledge that are important when potentially working in the construction sector in the future or progressing to further learning and training in their specific vocational area. The course will be assessed through a variety of practical and theory assessments.
- Principles of construction
- Structural carpentry
- Non-structural carpentry prior to plastering
- Non-structural carpentry following plastering
- Timber technology and the use of a circular saw
You must have successfully completed either:
- Level 1 Carpentry Diploma
- Level 2 Construction Multi-skills Certificate, which must have included a mandatory carpentry unit
- Theory assignments and online/paper-based exams
- Practical assessments & synoptic testing
Where does this course lead to
Successful completion of the course allows progression onto further education, apprenticeships or employment.