Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
The NHS spent more than £6.8 billion on medicines in 2015-16 and experts believe that more than 50% of all medication is prescribed, dispensed or sold inappropriately every single year. Furthermore, half of all patients in the UK fail to take their medication correctly. These facts can often lead to disastrous consequences, especially when medication ends up in the wrong hands.
This course is split into four manageable units;
- Unit 1 - Understand medication & prescriptions
- Unit 2 - Supply, storage and disposal of medication
- Unit 3 - Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
- Unit 4 - Record keeping and audit processes for medication
You don’t need to have any specific prior learning requirements to take this course, but you may find it helpful if you’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification within the Health and Social Care area.
In order to complete this Distance Learning Course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 year olds you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and Maths
Studying via Distance Learning means you can choose when and where you study.
We recommend allowing a minimum of 3 hours per week to study
this course in your own time.
The course is available:
- Paper based learning materials with online assessments
- Online materials with online assessments
- Fully paper based
Where does this course lead to
Successful completion may help support a number of job roles within the Health and Social Care sector for example:healthcare support service worker
- Clinical Healthcare Support Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Health Education/Health Promotion Worker
- Healthcare Assistants/Support Workers in community and primary care environments
- Personal Assistants (employed directly by the individual they support or their families)
You could also progress to the following apprenticeships:
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health (Clinical Healthcare Support)
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health (Healthcare Support Services)
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email email@example.com quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.