Level 2 Principles of Dementia Care Certificate
This TQUK qualification is designed learners wanting to gain an understanding of the principles of dementia care.
The course prepares learners to enter or progress in employment in the health or social care sector in job roles where an understanding of dementia is required. It is also suitable for those wanting to understand more about the care of a loved one.
This course includes seven mandatory units which you need to complete to qualify.
- Unit 1: Dementia awareness
- Unit 2: The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Unit 3: Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Unit 4: Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Unit 5: Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Unit 6: Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Unit 7: Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
This qualification is suitable for anyone over the age of 18.
To complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 years old you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and maths
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
Where does this course lead to
Successful completion of the course will help support several job roles within the health and social care sector, for example:
- Healthcare Support Service Worker
- Clinical Healthcare Support Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Health Education/Health Promotion Worker
- Healthcare Assistants/Support Workers in community and primary care environments
- Personal Assistants employed directly by the individual they support or their families
Leads to Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health (Healthcare Support Services
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email email@example.com quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.