Level 2 Understanding Mental Health First Aid & Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace Certificate
Around 450 million people currently experience mental health problems. Recent reports suggest that over 12 million working days were lost due to work-related stress, depression or anxiety in just one year. It’s important that employers are transparent and open about mental health issues. Increasing the understanding of mental health among staff at all levels builds a culture of care and support. In this fully online course, you'll build an understanding of mental health problems and the support available in the workplace. You will learn how to support individuals with their mental health, as well as what a mentally healthy environment is like.
- Exploring mental health
- Understand how to support individuals with mental ill health
- Understand a mentally healthy environment
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 years old you must have already achieved a Level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and math
- Studying via Distance Learning means you can choose when and where you study.
- We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 to 4 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
- You will be given submission dates for each unit to help you stay on track. and complete within the allocated timeframe.
- This course is available via online assessments with online learning material.
Where does this course lead to
These courses are great for introduction to a new subject, continued professional development within an existing role and can also lead to employment or further study, for example:
- Level 2 in Mental Health Awareness
- Level 3 in Mental Health Awareness
- Level 2 in Children & Young Peoples Mental Health
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services
- Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email email@example.com quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below and complete an application.