Level 2 Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health Certificate
This TQUK qualification helps learners develop knowledge of children and young people’s mental health in context, mental health problems commonly associated with children and young people, the impact of mental ill-health on children and young people and support available to maintain mental wellbeing in children and young people.
- Unit 1: Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
In this unit, you will learn about the concept of mental health and how society’s view of mental health has changed over time. You will also learn about the legislation in place to support children and young people’s mental health.
- Unit 2: Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
This unit will cover the risk factors that can affect children and young people’s mental health and how these can be mitigated. You will also look at how developmental changes and puberty can impact children and young people.
- Unit 3: Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
This unit will look at the behaviours displayed by children and young people that may indicate a mental health concern. You will look in more detail at common mental health conditions that affect children and young people.
- Unit 4: Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
In this unit, you will investigate the impact of mental health concerns on children, young people and others. You will look at the importance of diagnosis and the reasons why there may be a reluctance to seek a diagnosis.
- Unit 5: Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
In this fifth and final unit, you will explore person-centred approaches to supporting children and young people with mental health concerns, how to promote mental well-being in children and young people, and the services and treatment involved with children and young people’s mental health.
There are no specific requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a level 1 qualification.
To complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 years old you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and maths
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you
We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 to 4 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
You will be given submission dates for each unit to help you stay on track and complete within the allocated timeframe.
This is an online course with online learning materials and online assessments.
Where does this course lead to
- Level 3 Understanding Mental Health Certificate
- Level 3 Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 Award
- Level 3 Children and Young People's Workforce (England) Diploma
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning Award/Certificate/Diploma
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.