Level 2 Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Social Care Certificate
This TQUK qualification is useful for anyone who wants to learn the importance of dignity and safeguarding in adult health and social care environments.
The course can support learners wishing to progress to further training or employment within the sector to understand the duty of care and safeguarding aspects of the ‘National Minimum Training Standards for Healthcare Support Workers and Adult Social Care Workers in England’.
This course consists of the following four mandatory units:
- Understand safeguarding in adult health and social care
- Principles of dignity in adult health and social care practice
- Understand the duty of care in adult health and social care
- Understand dilemmas and public concerns in adult health and social care
You don’t need to have any specific prior learning requirements to take this course, but you may find it helpful if you’ve already achieved a level 1 qualification within the Health and Social Care area.
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 years old you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and maths
Studying via Distance Learning means you can choose when and where you study.
- Paper based learning materials with online assessment
- Online materials with online assessments
- Fully paper based
Where does this course lead to
This course supports progression to and within employment for the following job roles and workers:
- care assistant or worker
- personal care assistant
- adult social care relief team worker
- night care assistant
- key workers in residential/domiciliary/daycare settings
- re-enablement worker
- healthcare support service worker
- clinical healthcare support worker
- healthcare assistant.
This course supports progression to further learning in the following areas:
- Level 2/3 Health and Social Care (Adults) for England Diploma
- Level 2/3 Clinical Healthcare Support Diploma
- Level 2/3 Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Certificate
- Level 2/3 Working in the Health Sector Certificate
- Level 3 Principles of End-of-Life Care Certificate
- Level 3 Stroke Care Management Certificate
- Level 3 Allied Health Profession Support Diploma
- Intermediate/Advanced Level Apprenticeship, Health & Social Care
- Intermediate/Advanced Level Apprenticeship, Health, Clinical Healthcare Support.
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email email@example.com quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.