Level 2 Understanding Autism Certificate
This TQUK certificate will give you an understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism. You will look at the person-centred approach and the influence that positive communication methods can have and will gain an understanding of how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
Learners are required to successfully complete four mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Signs, Indicators and Diagnosis of Autism
- Unit 2: Sources of Information, Support, Legislation and Guidance Relevant to Autism
- Unit 3: Living with Autism
- Unit 4: Best Practice Relating to Autism
This course provides you with a comprehensive introduction to autism, covering what is meant by ‘autism’, theories, exploring how autism develops and methods of working with those affected. You will also look at common misconceptions surrounding autism and conditions that develop alongside autism.
The method of utilising a person-centred approach in order to support individuals with autism, incorporating the unique preferences and needs of the individual. You will examine the legislation and guidance on autism and the support networks available to individuals diagnosed with the condition and their families.
The delays and difficulties in speech, language, and social development often faced by individuals with autism. Also covered are methods and strategies that could be used when communicating with an individual with autism.
You will gain an in-depth understanding of sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism - including hypersensitivity and hyposensitivity. You will also consider how to support the many unique sensory needs of individuals with autism.
You will gain an understanding of an individual's behaviour in the context of autism. You will also look at how to support positive behaviour and help individuals to develop coping strategies.
This course also includes how to provide effective support through transitions and life events, how to maintain the personal safety of others and how to access the wealth of services, facilities and employment opportunities open to those living with autism. You will also gain an understanding of what it is like for an individual to live with autism, including their experiences and their challenges.
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will
need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 years old you must have already achieved a Level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and maths
Studying via Distance Learning means you can choose when and where you study.
We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 hours per week to study this course in your own time. This course is available:
- Online learning materials with online assessment
- Paper-based learning materials with online assessment
- Fully paper-based
Where does this course lead to
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email email@example.com quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.