Level 2 Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Certificate
This TQUK qualification aims to:
- Familiarise you with infection control legislation and policies;
- Develop your understanding of the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread
- Teach you about the methods of cleaning and waste disposal that help prevent the spread of infection
- Introduce you to the hand washing techniques and personal protective equipment you should use to help prevent the spread of infection.
This qualification can help you to prepare for employment in a health or care-related area or, if you are already employed, can contribute to your continuous professional development (CPD).
This qualification consists of three mandatory units, which you must complete to gain the full qualification.
- Unit 1 - The principles of infection prevention and control
- Unit 2 - Causes and spread of infection
- Unit 3 - Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
You don’t need to have any specific prior learning requirements to take this course.
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 years old you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and maths
There are no exams to achieve this qualification. Your learning will be assessed through a portfolio of coursework and assignments.
- Paper based learning with online assessments
- Fully online
- Fully paper based
Where does this course lead to
If you achieve this qualification you could progress to further qualifications at Levels 2 or 3 in a related subject area, including apprenticeships.
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.